Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pin It

Why your Blog Don't Get Enough Comments. Tips to Get More Comments


Are you scaring away your commenters? Read this article to get more comments on your Blog

“What? Scaring them away? What do you mean?”

What I mean is, are your readers able to comment on your blog with NO ISSUES?
I find this on more Blogger/Blogspot blogs than anything. I read a great post, I want to add a comment, and yet I can’t!

“What do you mean, I can’t?”

Well, depending on what equipment I’m using (Android phone, my Android tablet, or my laptop), I may not be able to leave a comment.

“Why?”

Because of that blasted thing called CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA is used on blogs to help keep those blasted Spammers from commenting on your blog. However, it may also be stopping non-spammers from commenting as well.

“How?”

Because the words, numbers, symbols and whatever else may be showing up in your CAPTCHA box, may not be easily readable to your commenter, thus deterring them away. I’ll be honest, on my phone and table? Forget it. It’s truly a shame because I love to leave comments, especially if I can relate to the post OR if it’s an awesome post.

The other thing that I have to ask when I see CAPTCHA on a blog is, if I leave a comment will (1) the author reply in a timely manner; or (2) will they reply at all; or (3) do they even read their comments. With today’s technology, we have our blogs at our fingertips. There is a Blogger app and Wordpress app for our phones. Awesome tools, I might add. I’ve used both extensively. I will admit, I’m partial to the Wordpress one. It is superfantastic!

So you set your blog up to email you when you receive a comment. Then you receive notification on your phone. You read it. If it’s SPAM, delete it. Easy as that imo.

“What else can I do?”

If you’re still afraid of getting SPAM comments and don’t want another dang app on your phone or you don’t want to be bothered with blog comments while you aren’t sitting at your laptop or desktop, why not try something like Disqus? Disqus can be set up to block those Spammers. There is also LiveFrye and IntenseDebate which could easily be added to your blog.
Or if you’re like me, at least on my Blogger blog, I don’t use CAPTCHA. Try it out for a while and see what happens? If you get an enormous amount of spam, just enable CAPTCHA again.

“How do I disable it on Blogger?”

Simply go to your Dashboard. Settings. Posts and Comments. Set “Show Word Verification” to NO as shown below and then SAVE.

It’s as easy as that! Again, try it out and see if you see a difference in your Comments. If you don’t, then feel free to reset your CAPTCHA.

So now I ask you, if you stumble upon a blog that has CAPTCHA enable, does it hinder you from commenting?

via [Mayura4ever.com]

Advertise Here
Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Facebook Twitter
Advertise Here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice psot bro.. keep writing expecting this type posts from you..
Easy Ways To Optimize Your Blog For Search

Unknown on August 20, 2012 at 3:28 AM said...

Another trick....If your blog has any PR greater than 2 you can implement the 'top commentators' widget, which will easily drive "rank hungry" bloggers to leave a comment.
http://sportsbongo.blogspot.in

Confused?Feel Free to Ask!

Please Do not Spam!
Spam=Trash

Alexa

 

Author

Hamy is A Passionate blogger from Pakistan who loves.... Read More..

Best Topics

SEO Affiliate Marketing Social Media

Make Money Online Web hosting

Jailbreaks iPhone

Plugins and Widgets Tips n Tricks

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

Powered by:

My Cyber Tricks © 2012. All Rights Reserved | Contact |